If your business has a physical office or store, it’ll be of great benefit to build a local SEO campaign. Getting traffic from local searches is one of the best ways for business owners to brand on the Internet and bring in a regular stream of local customers.
According to Eric McLaughlin, the owner of Aquirr SEO located in Virginia Beach, the problem is that many local business owners don’t have a clue about how to get their website ranked in the top search results for their desired local search terms. Knowing local seo ranking factors, the importance of user reviews for local SEO for a business and other factors is huge.
It drives unique and possible clients or customers to your website. You can use your website to gain a lot of local visitors online and convert them to possible income.
As said earlier, although Local SEO is just beginning, it has already proven to be effective and became popular because a lot of local businesses are already using local SEO to improve and become successful at their business.
There are a lot of advantages for using local SEO. For one, people now resort to online search when trying to find something. By typing the keywords online, they can automatically search for your business.
Here are some of the local SEO factors that contribute to local rankings:
1. Proper On-page Optimization – In order to set your website up for success, it’s vital that you place it in the proper categories. You should also have the name of your business on the title as well as the main keyword you’re targeting for local searches. One thing you should avoid is trying to stuff keywords into your title and descriptions to get an advantage.
2. NAP Consistency and Citations – NAP (name, address and phone number) has long been a strong ranking factor in local search. To get the maximum value out of citations, you must make sure that your NAP is consistent all across the board. It’s also becoming more important to get citations from other local businesses, particularly businesses that are somehow related to yours.
3. User Reviews – Reviews from Google+ and other sites are all signals that will help your local business website rank higher. When relevant, ask your customers if they’re satisfied with your business and get them to write a positive review for your site. Don’t rely on customers randomly leaving reviews because very few of them will do so.
4. Social Signals – Social signals such as Google+ likes, Facebook likes, and tweets will all help your website rank higher in the results. That’s why it’s important for you to engage your audience on these social networking sites. One thing that many business owners have reported is that posting fresh content on their social media accounts also boosted rankings.
5. User Behavior – User behavior indicates to Google how relevant your website is to the user. Everything from your click through rate, time spent on site, check-ins, and click to call actions will improve your rankings. That’s why your focus should be on providing the most relevant website and the best user experience. You will have to play around with different website designs, structures and copy to see what results in the best user experience.
6. Google maps and Yahoo listing to make sure that you are included in the local search results. These search engine tools are one of the many features major search engines try to work out when finding local results. Now promoting local businesses, products and services is much easier and fun.
7. SEO works with search engines. For a start, you should be able to emphasize your location in your website as well as your web contents. Make sure that you make use of Meta tags properly, making sure you include your address in your website, including your Yahoo or Google map on your website and so on.
There are also a lot of third party sites that reviews most local websites.
You can take advantage of this an submit your site to related review sites so you can be sure that your business will remain in good standing not only with search engines but more so with the people who have been satisfied your good service and/or quality product.